Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
36 month 36,000 miles parts and labor
CODE OF ETHICS
- To perform high quality repair service at a fair and just price.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each customer.
- To recommend the services, repairs and maintenance to the car owners that are necessary to maintain the vehicle in safe working order.
- To use only products which are safe and provide service that equals or exceeds that recommended by the vehicle's manufacturer.
- To service and repair the vehicles in a timely manner and to keep the customer informed of any and all changes including completion times.
- To give the best customer service possible and, in the case of any disputes, to provide a prompt and amicable resolution.
- To ensure that my entire staff conducts themselves in a professional manner and in keeping with the high standards of the automotive industry.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
What People Say About Us
I've been going to Autowise for years. The people who work there are friendly and professional. Right now my family owns and maintains 5 cars. Autowise services all of them, and I have never been stuck by the side of the road in any of them because they do such good work. That is very important to me, especially when my children are behind the wheel. As far as price goes...cars are not cheap to maintain! I would recommend that you shop around. You might find a better price, but remember the old saying...You get what you pay for!
Professional & experienced staff!!
I take my two cars to them, I always had good experience with them. They identified the issue and proposed the fix, estimation and upon approval they did the fix. It worked great. I feel , they are honest hard working and only recommends what needs to be changed to keep the car in good condition. The quotes are reasonable This makes me trust them.
The shop is a great shop they have excellent mechanics that really know your car inside and out there little spendy but I recommend them!
The folks at AutoWise are terrific! They diagnose problems brilliantly, repair what needs to be done, but don?t ?push? to have unnecessary work done. They can take you home so you don?t have to wait there. All work on my 2003 Saturn Vue has been done by AutoWise and my old SUV runs well! Estimates on work are accurate and work is done in a timely manner. Because it is a family business, clients are always treated with courtesy and warmth. I highly recommend AutoWise and wouldn?t go anywhere else!
Good people and great service. My wife and I have been bringing our cars here for years. Mike and Laurie are a pleasure to deal with.
Not sure why there are so many negative reviews. My experience with them were always good. All the times when I took my car to them, they explained how the repair would've caused and fixed it for me without delay. Few other times they even let me know in advance that no fix is needed and how the car would reset the system monitoring after new battery changes and let me take the car with no charge. I would recommend this place for sure.
Honest, knowledgeable, fair prices. Highly recommend.
Feel comfortable and they are reasonable and honest with their repair estimates.
This was the first time that we did not take our Benz to the dealership for service and we certainly do NOT regret our decision. Autowise Car Care Staff was professional and welcoming. They answered my questions with genuine interests, providing me with responses that were informative NOT cursory, (which is how I've (as a woman)been treated at other service centers including). The C service mirrored the dealerships tasks and was HALF the cost. We've had no problems or concerns since receiving our service from Autowise and we will definitely return for all the service needs for our Mercedes. So glad we accepted the opportunity to have Autowise Care Care be our "go to" auto service provider!!